Syrians Online working
Online working doesn’t need the working to stay in the same place, which is make it suitable for Syrian situation, while Syrians can work wherever they move, they only need an internet connection and a computer to continue their work.
Another benefit comes from the income, which it will be in foreign currency, that means higher income comparing to the low prices of Syrian pound. This also brings money to the local market which increases its movement.
Brief of the assessment:
Objectives: This assessment is trying to increase the opportunities of Syrians online working, by screening the available competencies that suitable for such business, and discovering the projects that can be most effective and helpful for them to start working via internet, then share them with the NGOs that interested Syrian employment.
- Syrian competencies for online working.
- Description of the situation of current Syrian online workers.
- Barriers and challenges of online working, especially for Syrians.
- Expectations of growth for online working in Syria.
- Recommended projects to prepare Syrians for online working.
The assessment will cover 3 governorates: Idleb, Daraa, and Aleppo.
Will be conducted in January/2018.
The questions concentrate on Syrian youth, females, and people with disability.
- Syrian individuals: to screen the competencies they have for online working, their awareness about it, and the equipment they have for such business.
- Syrian online workers: to provide full stories about some online workers, how they started their work, their monthly salaries, the challenges that face them, their needs to improve their business…
- Online working consultants: to have in depth information about online working, what they recommend for Syrian situation, what they recommend to deal with the challenges of Syrians online working, what kind of trainings Syrians need to be able to start working online…
- Secondary data: to review any research have been done about online working, what are the most demanded services, how online working platforms working, how to manage money transfers…
For those interested in this study and its results: